We have got a complete line up of abundance for all this week! Fnted to go over with everyone how to use patty pan squash. After all, patty pan is a family favorite, and a staple in Goodness Grows Summer season. After you read on you discover the diversity of this cute veggie, you’ll see why!
10 ways to use patty pan squash
1. Patty Pan Pizza slice horizontal and build a pizza, bake at 425 for 25 minutes
2. As a cute hors d’oeuvre by using the small ones slice horizontally and topping with cream cheese basil and half a cherry tomato
3. In a summer squash casserole
4. Shredded into squash cakes, use pancake batter to make squash cakes
6. sauteed with pesto and tossed with pasta
7. sliced and sauteed with scrambled eggs in the morning
8. Stuffed with dressing or ground beef and rice and baked
9. Patty pan bread- use patty pans instead of zucchini in your favorite zucchini bread recipe
10. Cubed and curried- I like a spicy curry!
Tomatoes will be abundant this week, may I suggest a bruchetta? Since you will have a choice of bread, it would make a perfect topping on toast!
- 6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes diced(about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced* or chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more or less to taste
Mix all ingredients and serve on sliced bread. Also great with cheese.
Volunteer hours can be completed at the closeest market of your choice. We could use help picking beans these next couple of weeks too. Any free time that anyone can spare, Email me and we’ll be ready for you.
Also for recipes- If you post your recipes in the comment section of this blog, than that will count towards your volunteer time too.
I personally will not be at the markets again this week, as I am training our new baker.
Caleb and Silas will be assisting you with your share. Please help them to know what size share that you have, they really do their best to make everyone happy!
See you next week,
2 thoughts on “Patty Pan pizza, Tomatoes and Fresh Baked Bread!”
Love, love, love your patty pan squash! I use olive oil, dill, lemon, garlic salt,pepper and Parmesan cheese. Grill for 10 minutes and let me tell you! It has a wonderful nutty flavor. Never knew!?
Sent from my iPhone
This post is the only reason I’m sad to be on vacation this week! Can’t wait for fresh tomatoes!